The Danish Political Science Research Program is a network established to promote the scientific education of Danish Ph.d. students.
The institutions behind the Political Science Research Program form a network consisting of Denmark's most important research institutions in the field of political science, i.e. within political theory, comparative politics, public administration and international relations. The institutions in the Polforsk network are:
- Department of Political Science, University of Copenhagen
- Department of Political Science, University of Aarhus
- Department of Political Science and Public Management, University of Southern Denmark
- Department for Society and Globalization, Roskilde University
- Department of Economics, Politics and Public Administration, Aalborg University
- Danish Institute for International Studies
The purpose of the Post-Graduate School is to promote collaboration about the education of Ph.D.-students in the entire field of political science in Denmark. The aim is not to transfere the Ph.D. educations of the departments to Polforsk. On the contrary the goal is to strengthen these educations through co-ordination between the departments. This is why focus is on Ph.D. courses, but the purpose is not to benefit economically from supplying Ph.D. courses.